Technical Support Issues
In case of any technical issues regarding CAPT web services please contact us by Email on:
Registration of contractors, suppliers, and consulting services
Question No.1: Where can I get the application form of companies’ registration, local and foreign consultancy services and signature Authorization?
- All of these documents are available online through CAPT official website under the tab “Forms”
Question No.2: What are the steps required for renewing the annual registration certificate?
1- Visit CAPT official website & select the tab “Log In” followed by the companies email address & password
2- Pay a renewal fee of (KD 50), only Fifty Kuwaiti Dinars. (cumulative subscription for the unpaid years are counted).
3- Attach the following documents:
• Copy of a certificate issued from the General Authority for Manpower indicates the fulfilment of the employment rate, valid for one year.
• Copy of the commercial license, valid for at least 3 months.
• Colored copy of the full amendment contracts - if applicable.
• Copy of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Certificate for the current year.
• Letter of renewal application addressed to the Central Agency for Public Tenders, including "The companies full address, phone & fax number, email address, and official website.”
Note : All certificates must be newly issued
Question No.3: Is the company obliged to visit CAPT headquarter after submitting all the documents required online?
- The company will be contacted by e-mail in case of any updates related to the registration application submitted by the company. ( it's not obligatory for the company to visit CAPT)
Question No.4: What is the method used for collecting the registration certificate for the first time?
- A colored copy will be sent via the website and in case an original form is requested please visit CAPT headquarter.
Question No.5: Is a colored copy of the certificate required to be sent by e-mail if the application is accepted?
Question No.6: What are the procedures required for changing the company's official e-mail address?
- An official letter addressed to CAPT stating your request in changing your email address through CAPT webs
- After getting approval for changing your email address:
- Visit CAPT official website and select the tab “Log in”
- Enter your new email address & select “Forgot password”
- Enter the code shown on the screen
- The system will then automatically send you a link to select a new password for your companies new email address.
- Visit CAPT website and select the tab “Log in”. Enter your new email and password.
Question No.7: When can a company renew its registration certificate?
- 3 Months before the expiration of the current registration certificate.
Question No.8: What are the procedures required for changing a companies data or legal entity?
- 1- Submit an official letter addressed to CAPT, including your request in changing your data or legal entity along with "the companies full address, phone & fax number, email address, and official website.”
- 2- Pay a renewal fee of (KD 50), only Fifty Kuwaiti Dinars.
- 3- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of a certificate issued from the General Authority for Manpower indicating the fulfilment of the employment rate, valid for one year.
- Copy of the commercial license, to be valid for at least 3 months.
- Colored copy of the full amendment contracts - if applicable.
- Copy of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Certificate for the current year.
Question No.9: When do I receive the registration certificate for the first time?
- The certificate shall be received after the approval of the Agency’s Board of Directors to the registration application in accordance with the procedures specified in Law No. (49/2016) on Public Tenders and its Implementing Regulations.
Sale of Tenders
Question No. 10: What are the requirements for purchasing a tender document?
- 1- Submit an official letter addressed to CAPT, which includes the tender number, subject, the government authority concerned, the company stamp, and the authorized signatory.
- 2- Certificate issued from the General Authority for Manpower indicating the fulfilment of the employment rate, valid for one year.
- 3- The company’s registration certificate at CAPT.
- 4- Attach all the documents mentioned above along with any documents stated on the advertisement of the tender in the official “Kuwait al Youm” or CAPT official website for e.g. the company’s registration certificate at the “Central Agency for Information Technology”.
Question No.11: What is the payment method used in CAPT?
- Payment is done through KNET or a valid cheque issued by the tenderer addressed to CAPT. Cash is not accepted.
Question No12: When will a refund be issued after a tender document is purchased?
- In the event of cancellation of the tender in accordance with the provisions of Article (55) of the Public Tenders Law No. (49) for the year 2016.
Question No.13: What are the documents required for a refund of a tender document?
- 1- An official letter from the company that includes the tender number & subject, the government authority concerned, the amount paid, reasons for a refund, bank name along with the IBAN number of the company’s account, and the Civil ID number.
- 2- Original receipt for the purchase of the tender document.
- 3- Certificate from the General Authority for Civil Information indicating the Civil ID number of the company
- 4- The decision for the cancellation of the tender.
- 5- A copy of the signature authorization at CAPT.
Question No.14 What is the bid bond amount?
- The bid bond amount will be stated in the announcement of the tender published in CAPT official website and the official “Kuwait al Youm”.
It must be issued by the tenderer and addressed to CAPT as the concerned authority for purchase in accordance with the Article (3) of the Implementing Regulations of Law No. 49 of the year 2016 on Public Tenders.
Question No. 15 What are the bid bond forms accepted by CAPT?
- CAPT accepts a letter of guarantee or a certified cheque from a certified bank in Kuwait
Question No.16: Does the validity of the bid bond needs to be changed when the closing date of the tender is being postponed?
- If there are any modifications to the bid bond (guarantee letter - certified cheque) changes should be made as required and submitted with the original bid bond form, the original modified one, along with the company's documents. The Company shall then follow up with any announcements published in this regard in the official newspaper “Kuwait Al-Youm” and CAPT website.
Question No.17: Is it possible to issue more than one bid bond if the tender is divisible?
- You must refer to the tender announcement published in CAPT official website and the official newspaper “Kuwait al Youm”
Question No.18: When can the tenderer withdraw its bid bond?
- The tenderer may withdraw its bid bond (90) days after the closing date of the tender or upon signing the contract, unless the tender is being canceled (Article 30/4) of the Implementing Regulations issued by Decree No. 30/2017 on Public Tenders
Question No.19: When is it required to extend the validity of the bid bond?
- When there is an extension letter published on CAPT official website, the bidders must approve the extension of the tender with an official letter addressed to CAPT for the renewal of the bid bond validity, as specified in the letter of extension.
The public Register
Question No.20: What are the documents & data required for accepting a company’s letter addressed to CAPT?
- The letter should be addressed to the Secretary General at CAPT.
- Indicate the tender number, subject, and the government authority concerned
- Copy of the signature authorization at CAPT
Question No.21: What are the contents of the small envelope and the large envelope in the case of the tender / practice of one stage?
Question No.22: When is the announcement of the tenders price schedule?
- Please follow CAPT official website and check the results of the tender pricing schedules.
Question No.23: What are the documents required by the company for attending the opening of the bidders session?
- Original civil ID of the company's representative (s) and a copy thereof.
- Written letter of authorization to attend, signed and stamped by the authorized signatory.
- A copy of the signature authorization at CAPT.
Question No.24: In the case of a Two-Stage Tender what are the contents of the technical and financial envelopes?
- You must adhere to what is specified in the Provisions of Article (28) of the implementing regulation issued under decree No. (30/2017) on public tenders.
Question No.25: when will the tender envelopes be unsealed?
- Tender envelopes will be unsealed at the time and place indicated in the tender documents during an open session at the presence of the tenderer or their representatives.
Question No.26: When will the results be shown for the companies technical approval in the case of a two-stage tender?
- After the recommendation has been received from the government authority concerned and approved by CAPT board members.
Question No.27: When will the awarding of the tender be announced?
- Please follow CAPT official website and the official “Kuwait al Youm”.
Question No.28: Is the attendance of the companies’ representative mandatory during the tender opening session?
- The attendance of the company's representative during the tender opening session is not mandatory, but is optional, and is preferable that those who want to attend the session are fully familiar with the contents of the documents presented for answering any queries.
Question No.29: What are the cases in which the tender is considered void (excluded)?
- These cases are specified in Article (40) of Law No. (49/2016) on Public Tenders
A copy of the signature authorization at CAPT
Please click on the picture below: